Monday, July 21, 2008

Scout Camp

I got ready to blog, remembering all the fun shots of the Scoutmaster on the slide show I helped edit for the Court of Honor last week--this after Scout Troop 107 earned 27 merit badges at scout camp 2 weeks ago. However, in looking through the pictures downloaded from MY camera, I realize that the Scoutmaster was BEHIND the camera and not in front of it. I will search for Jeff 's flash drive and see if I can find the other photo contributions to see his grizzled look after not shaving for several days.

Instead, for now, see what fun activities the five scouts enjoyed.

Archery: Ashton learns how to pull back the string and steady the bow.





Swimming: It's hard to see it, but look for the green blotch near the railing. The boys were playing Keep Away with a greased watermelon. I asked, "greased as in canola oil?" and was answered, "No greased as in shortening!" Think of the fun!

Canoeing: The game here was to fill the other canoe until it "swamped." Early on, some of our "guys" lost their big blue 5-gallon bucket and only had a smaller white one to defend themselves. Obviously they could not hold out forever, and they all had a great swim in the lake.



Mess Hall: And what would Scout Camp be without really good food? Here, three of our favorites chomp down on some sort of burrito/chimichanga entree. Did they pose like this with their mouths open, or was this staged, do you think? At any rate, they had a great time and several rank advancements from their activities.





1 comment:

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh, how fun!!! What a perfect calling for Dad - I bet his having the time of his life! I love the pictures, and can't wait to see some from the pageant too!
I would say, "take care & keep busy" - but that's obviously not a problem for you. :) You're one of the busiest people I know! But do take care and have a great day!
Love you,
Joanne