First of all, the Nauvoo Pageant is keeping us all pretty busy. My camera does not do well in the dark, but here is the final scene where Joseph Smith bears testimony of Jesus Christ. How we love the Spirit that comes with the crowds of people in our small town.
My nephew, Jason Douglas and his family (Dawn, holding Eastin, plus Kate, Ben and Audrey) were in the Blue Cast, which performed the second week. This photo was snapped after the performance, when everyone was pretty exhausted and nearly overcome by the heat and humidity. This family did a fabulous job--Jason was one of the 12 Apostles who healed all the people overcome with the Ague. And Jason and Dawn did an amazing job with the dancing!
NEXT:
We leave on Monday for Seattle, for Marci's wedding. We are so excited to have all our kids together, though we will be missing quite a number of grandkids and two sons-in-law. We'll have pictures from the wedding up soon, we hope.
AND FINALLY:
I just saw my grade posted for the course I completed last week.
I got a 98% on my final paper
It was 37 pages long, with about 150 footnotes, 15 pages of appendix, and a three-page bibliography.
I am ever so grateful for Allison Weiss, who proofread that paper WAAAYYYY late at night,
and into the early morning hours.
She had terrific ideas for word choices in many instances, and spurred me on to a
MUCH better final paragraph.


3 comments:
I so would love to see the pagent...have a wonderful wedding...and congrats on the great scores, you are awesome! ;D
So happy to see a new post! I've been wondering how the pagent was going, and just knowing you and Dad must be tied up with it.
Have safe travels to Seattle! I really wish the stars aligned better this summer and allowed me to go, but traveling anywhere (including to my cousin's wedding) just hasn't worked that way for me this summer. However, my love to Marci and all the family!
Oh, and CONGRATS on your final!!! That is so impressive (nothing I didn't already believe was possible, but something worth celebrating nonetheless).
Love to you!
Congrats on your paper! You are such an inspiration, Gwen, still scoring 98's when you are planning a wedding, flying out of state, and working at the Pageant. It's so great to see a post from you. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment