I took the second American Heritage midterm exam yesterday and on the "Speed Back" portion, I got 89%. I'm not really happy with that, but there is nearly half a test worth of essay points still to be graded, so it could go up. Beyond that, I spend ALL my time studying. I have an invitation to go to Manti for Jackie Springgay's first time through the Temple, which I have declined. I seriously need to devote myself to the rest of the text and readings for American Heritage and then devour the Family History in order to utilize the Library in Salt Lake and the resources here on the campus. If I don't get it all completed, it will take me WEEKS to get even one film to view in Nauvoo.
So, wish me luck on the downward slope of this seven-week slippery slide! The days speed by, but each is interminably long in itself. We put rags in the doors of the floor rest room (which is RIGHT BY MY HEAD!!) so that the "middle of the nighters" wouldn't slam that blinkin' door shut and wake me up AGAIN.
4 comments:
Oh Gwen! Are you serious about that bathroom thing? The rags sound like a very inventive idea. Someone ought to consider re-arranging that room specifically to avoid midnight interruptions to anyone who may have to room there after you even.
Best of luck on the rest of your exams. Study, study, study! Be the best of book-worms! You're almost done, and you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Wow! I can't believe how the weeks pass so quickly. Only 2 more left. You can do it!
Dang, have I been gone from BYU that long for reals? I remember helping you move in. Hmmm. I know all about that inconvenient door. My room was across from our kitchen, and everyone would go in and out of the kitchen, turn the lights on and off, and make lots of noise. Late at night, and early in the morning. Silly roommates/floormates!
Good luck with your studying. If you've been doing that well on your AmHtg tests, I imagine you will do AMAZING on your final!
Good luck, I love you!
Brett and I are probably going to be the only sad ones when you are actually finished. The weeks have flown by all too quickly, and all we want is more time with you. You are such a blessing and precious friend!
Post a Comment