Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nativity Collection (well part of it!)

Not much talk today--just a display of some of the beautiful
Nativity or Creche sets I've begun collecting. 
The first one is new this year--Jeff gave it to me for my birthday in April. 
I have no idea what country it represents! 


Two shots of the porcelain one my mother painted in Relief Society many years ago!

For the kids--Angel Cheeks, and

 Veggie Tales


 Puzzle number 1 Painted
Puzzle number 2 wood grain made by my friend Irene, right here in Nauvoo!

 How many can remember getting these in Primary
about a hundred years ago?

 Jim Shore's Heartwood Creek

 Willow Tree--so elegant!

And finally, the bristle set--My sister and I found these on clearance after Christmas a few years ago, about 90% markdown.  This year she saw them online for $115!!!  The kids adore this one!

Merry Christmas, all!

6 comments:

marci said...

I LOVE it! It's nice to see some of the "regular" Christmas decorations. It makes me kinda sad to think that this is my first Christmas not with you guys. There won't be a million nativities, no acting out the nativity Christmas Eve, etc. We will be watching It's a Wonderful Life though, so at least something will be "right". Love you!

Valerie said...

Wow, I haven't seen most of these! What an awesome collection. I would love to collect nativities someday!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

My mom has one of those paper ones that she got in primary. It was her first nativity and it goes up every year with the beautiful collection that she has now! Hope all of you are well. Good luck with your last few months of school!

Lynda said...

How beautiful! I love the variety - I would LOVE to see your WHOLE house! Merry Christmas!

Julie Harward said...

Your mantel looks so beautiful! And I do remember the Primary one, I still have mine too! :D

Joe and Joanne said...

I L-O-V-E your new nativity set for this year! SO GORGEOUS! It looks like it came from Greece to me (or maybe an isle of - like Crete). BEAUTIFUL!