The Midwest was hit by a Freezing Rain Storm in the night. I have experienced this type of storm before--in fact last year I broke my wrist on the icy steps the day of this weather incident. So I am being VERY CAUTIOUS this year. These three shots were taken THROUGH WINDOWS!!

The bottom of the siding on our house--inside the U-shaped patio area. These icicles are about 4 inches long. Pretty, huh? Not fun to walk near, though!

Note that each strip of siding is "decorated" with 1-1/2 to 2 inch icicles.

And one tree in our front flowerbed area is covered with a sheath of ice. This is a weeping willow anyway--don't think the branches are hanging in an other-worldly way.
So much for wanting to go outside. Jeff just headed to the Post Office. But I am staying home.
8 comments:
Holy Cow. Was one of those pictures from the U-shaped thing by my window? I've only seen it once, but it looked like maybe it was?
And think about it, some people pay to put icicles up for Christmas decorations--you got yours for free!
Yup--that's your window. I like your attitude! It is pretty to look at, and Dad has made it safely to the Post Office and back home. We are getting Ord Workers by the droves cancelling for tomorrow morning, though. It promises to be VERY INTERESTING!
See you Sunday!
I thought the same thing, Marci. No decorations needed. It is beautiful!
Did't you hurt your wrist another time? Yes, please stay inside where it's safe(r).
We are supposed to be getting another big windstorm. Yay. If Matt didn't have a job or could take vacation, we would be leaving right now because I don't want to go through that again, especially not with a newborn baby.
Great pictures, but BE CAREFUL! I'm sure you're aware, but ice-storms are extremely dangerous. From the inside though, that ice makes for beautiful decoration! :)
I feel like I've been so out of it this holiday season, just running around like crazy I haven't even gotten a Christmas card in the mail - guess I'll do the "third annual Easter Card" thing again. Easter seems to be less busy than Christmas.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
It does look beautiful! My kids would be happy to come and knock them all off - Tanner especially, I'm sure! Of course, he might also be one to try to lick a pole or something!
So, Mom, do you still have some of those toffee covered mac nuts? Marci will feel deprived if she doesn't get a couple of them in two days. You are so funny to call me and confess to your crime!
Day 8 of the computer blowup continues at our house. At least now school is done so I can use Talm/Teag's laptop for a couple of minutes! Stay warm and safe!
Traci--I ate the one I confessed to you over (around? It was in my mouth at the time). Then I taped the blasted box back shut and put it away. Fear not. Marci will get her fill. No problem.
Hi!!! I found your blog through Sarah's. How are you? You were/are my favorite relief society president.
Dani
Post a Comment