Our cover photo is of the Seven Nauvoo Beauties who broke the hearts of hundreds of Missouri young men when they returned home on Saturday. Before the dance in Columbia, we see: Ande, Natasha, Alexis, Sarah, Amber, Bryce and Amanda. We drove two cars (both Nauvoo Ward YW Presidents--I followed Lisa who had GPS in her Prius!) and spent a fabulous time together, connected by walkie talkies. Such a giggly, hyper group, and So Much Fun!

At the entrance to the dance, our Beauties pose under the balloon arch.

Eventually we met up with the three "guys" from our ward: Josh, Rick & Joseph. They truly are not as serious as this pose would suggest!

The back view of Bryce's beautiful dress--she looked MARVELOUS (though she really wasn't feeling very well!)

And the back view of Amber's lovely gown. Aren't they all the picture of modesty and virtue?

Close-ups of the four girls from Nauvoo 1st Ward: Ande

Amber and Bryce

Amber and Amanda (catching them "normal" is difficult--silly is always fun!)

And one shot of the driver taken from the back seat as we pulled away from the gas station. The ride home was much more mellow, with about an hour spent joining Inside Out in many successive renditions of "I'm Peanut Butter and You Are Jelly" and "Once There Was a Snowman." The girls may decide to choose one of those for our upcoming Lip Sync night!

I'd go again. Loss of sleep and 24 hours away from home is more than made up by the closeness developed with "my" girls. Working in Young Women is THE BEST!!!
6 comments:
The girls are beautiful, and you look like you're having a blast..they really do keep one young don't they?! I too love the youth, thats all I've done all my life..it's the best calling! I have so much respect for them, they are so strong! Far above where we were at their age. Enjoy!
You're young women are so lovely in their dresses! I agree, working with the youth is the best. Thanks again for a great Easter weekend!
These girls are so blessed to have you as their leader. Know one does "loving" better than you do!
Looks like fun! I'm glad they're keeping you young. ;)
Such beautiful dresses! Ah, prom...feels like a thousand lightyears distant to me now (at 15 years out of High School) but I do remember how much fun it was! Looks like a great group of girls.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience!
awww! so modest and hot!
thanks for calling :)
Things have turned for the positive :)
Post a Comment