When we lived in Redmond, every Mother's Day I asked for (and got--since I DID THE SHOPPING!) annuals to plant in the front of my house. This year, true to form, I have planted 40 or more impatiens and other colorful flowers in planters on both sides of our front steps.

Imagine my surprise when I drove into the driveway one day and saw that I had a Bleeding Heart plant near my house. You recall that last year I was away at BYU during this season of the year and I totally missed this beautiful bush.

I remember someone in Manti having this Bleeding Heart flower growing in her yard, and I LOVED this flower. It instantly took me back to being a small girls in a small town.

We have Hosta which will sprout a very TALL flower later in the season.

These starts will blossom into a flower that is periwinkle in color--with a pentagon shaped blossom that looks like a mylar balloon--and then it opens up into a five-petaled flower.

Finally, lest you think my flower beds are weed-free, I purposely included this dandelion next to another plant. In spite of my taking a tool to purge those hearty weeds from my garden!

I love to see the flowers brighten my front yard. I'll shoot photos again when the impatiens and dianthus have grown a bit more!
1 comment:
How fun!!! That bleeding rose bush is gorgeous - one of my favorites too. So glad you're home this year to enjoy it! And by the way: I LOVE the new layout of your blog!
Post a Comment