Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grandma is Improving

Sorry, no photos this time. I spent 8 hours with my mom today--driving her to Quincy to see the eye doctor. She scraped up her glasses pretty badly and we wanted to be sure her eyes were not injured in her fall. She really thought she'd be ordering glasses, but the opthamologist suggested waiting a few more days so that the swelling around her eye would not affect her vision and cause her to get the wrong correction.

"Grandma" is doing much better. She had the stitches removed from her lip yesterday and last night was the first night since the fall that she had been able to wear her C-PAP machine and use her oxygen. This morning she felt S*O M*U*C*H better. We jaunted into JC Penney, had lunch at Hardee's, got Father's Day cards and a gifts for Dad, and then did a MAMMOTH shopping trip to Sam's Club. No driving trip to Quincy is complete without ice cream from DQ. I had Jeff's Highlander with the seats flipped down for maximum cargo capacity.

Mom was just ahead of me at Sam's with her one purchase: a 6 foot folding table.

I followed her with two carts full and merited extra help from a young man who helped me put the frozen chicken breasts into the cooler on top of all the ice cream treats for our reunion next week. Then we stacked piles and rows of paper products, pasta, cheeses etc. Wow, we have great meals planned for the next few days. We will all waddle home from our reunion. The kids start arriving in just five days, and then the real fun begins.

And frankly, I can't wait!!! Let the fun begin!!!

2 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I'm so glad your Mom is healing..she's such a good sport to go shopping all day long with you, how fun!
We do take our good lives for granted, hot water, money to buy what ever we want, wonderful homes etc. We should all be so aware of being grateful shouldn't we. Have a wonderful tome with all the family!

Joe and Joanne said...

So glad to hear Grandma is feeling better. What an awful fall. You know, I went to put her name on the temple prayer roll here in Boston on Saturday and realized, I don't know her first name; so "Grandma Grimshaw" it was. Thank heavens that the Lord knows "grandmas" uniquely and individually. I'm sure he'll know which I meant. ;)

HAVE A FABULOUS TIME with everyone!!! Say 'hello' to them all for me. I'm with you in Spirit.