We called the paramedics, got paper towels to apply pressure on the cut lip, and eventually waded through her disorientation to a sitting position with two adults holding her up. Jen got the little ones inside and we waited. I shoved my YW responsibilities off on a counselor (yes, it was a Mutual Night!) and drove to the hospital 20 miles away, beating the ambulance there.
We had a very nice doctor and wonderful nursing care, but darn--Emergency Rooms are just not speedy places to visit. FOUR HOURS later, we drove away, with stitches in the lip, and x-rays and CT scan which revealed no broken bones other than a probable broken rib among the shadows of previous broken ribs.
This morning this is what Grandma Grimshaw looks like:
I think she should be in the running for the heavyweight prizefighter, don't you? She is at home, using a walker (which is not ideal, since there are many changes from hardwood to rugs to carpets and back again). She is able to drink through a straw: hot chocolate, cream of wheat, tomato soup, etc. She is in pretty good spirits considering.

6 comments:
I will definitely pray for her! How painful.
Oh, so very sad! We will definitely keep her in our prayers.
This brought tears to my eyes, and she's not even my Mom! Poor, dear lady..looks like she got mugged! Hope she'll be better very soon!
Oh my goodness!!!
"Poor Grandma Grimshaw" indeed!
I hurt for her just looking at these pictures (I'm a sympathy pain person). I will definitely be praying for a speedy recovery. And hope to go to the temple tomorrow so the whole of temple attending Boston will as well. ;)
Oh, wow! What a sad event. That is just terrible. Just in time to show off her scars to the rest of us in a week. We will pray for her!
Marci told me about this, I didn't think it was that bad. Oh man, I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Btw I do love the temple reflection picture!
Post a Comment