
Of course, Silent Night will rank right up at the top forever, but Hilary Weeks has found a way to bring tears to my eyes in connection with Silent Night. On her new CD, check out track #7.
Hilary captures the wonder of Mary, singing a lullaby to her Son: "Heaven and earth meet in my arms tonight. He is mine, and yet He is God's."
The children's choir is sweet, singing our beloved "Silent Night." Then when the two melodies combine, my heart soars. I have played this track over and over again. Find it and "love it as I do." Thanks, Hilary, for setting the tone for my Christmas!
5 comments:
I love Hilary Weeks! I have not heard this CD, but maybe I can put it on my "wish list." Glad to know you are spending a little time away from school and doing some of the crafty things you love to do.
This CD is on my wish list, but I think I'm just going to have to buy it.
I'LL HAVE TO GET THAT ONE...I JUST CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! I LISTEN TO IT ALL DAY LONG TOO. :D
That's my favorite on her CD by FAR! Her original works are better than the classics. I love her perspective put to music--she puts so much emotion into her songs!
I love Hilary Weeks too - I have two of her CDs and have decided (per this post) to get her Christmas one. Sounds beautiful!
Post a Comment