I'm sorry to be so distant--so much time between blog entries! I run at full speed and never seem to catch up.
Christmas time was a whirlwind of activity. Marci came "home" to Nauvoo for Christmas, but I sure didn't get to spend much time with her. My dad had gall bladder surgery on the 21st and came home on the 23rd--which to me entailed four different trips driving my parents to Quincy, an hour away and spending ALL DAY away from home. Dad did great, and has more energy than I do at this point.
We held a massive number of activities (or so it seemed) at the Church over the holidays: Ward Christmas party, caroling party, baptisms for the dead, and a three or four ward New Year's Eve Bash that required a lot of work, both mental and physical. Next year I hope to prevail upon the Powers that Be for a little FAMILY TIME built into that system!
And since Christmas, I am spending an inordinate number of hours researching Plural Marriage, of all things. I am presenting a seminar on the subject at our Mini Youth Conference on February 20. The kids get pressure-filled questions that they don't know how to answer. I hope to help them out in that regard. The topic is actually "What's the Deal with Polygamy (and other hard questions)" so I have my work cut out for me! If anyone has suggestions for sources, I will happily accept mental contributions!
And last of all, my sister Diane and her husband have been in Nauvoo for a week. It's pretty hard to get all the normal things like laundry, shopping, and church work done when all you want to do is talk! Wendy and Kathy will both arrive in Nauvoo on Thursday, and it will be a full-blown reunion! We have not all four been together since--when was that? 2006? At any rate, it has been far too long.
PROBLEM: outside today, we are experiencing freezing rain. I remember that from 2 years ago--when I broke my wrist. So I am staying home today--if I have to read all day to do it!
3 comments:
Your life never has pauses in it does it? You always seem SO busy! Good luck with explaining all that to teens, I know they don't understand it! We finally got a touch of snow this morning but it won't last..a weird winter! :D
So great to hear the news! You are always keeping busy - and I love that about you (amongst many things I love about you).
Plural marriage lesson, huh?
Good luck!
"As long as I'm head wife!" That's what I always say.
It's so good to hear from you again. I miss you! What a tough subject; good luck, and please share your notes - really, please!
Post a Comment