Wendy and I squirrled Diane and Lynn away from the Hand and Foot table and spent a couple of hours down on "The Flats" at the sites owned and operated by the Community of Christ folks. Our guide, Katie, was so fun and knew so much about the places we visited. This is one shot of the interior of Joseph Smith's Red Brick Store.
Our tour began (after the Visitor's Center) at the Nauvoo House, where Emma lived out her life after the Martyrdom of The Prophet.
This is a view of the Mansion House (location of the 1843 Christmas Party when Porter Rockwell made his appearance) from across the street. There was a huge addition to the original that was used as a hotel or inn for important guests. It was not restored with the "home."
Here is a closer shot of Katie. We enjoyed talking with her very much. Mansion House is in the background.
This is a view of the Mansion House (location of the 1843 Christmas Party when Porter Rockwell made his appearance) from across the street. There was a huge addition to the original that was used as a hotel or inn for important guests. It was not restored with the "home."
Here is a closer shot of Katie. We enjoyed talking with her very much. Mansion House is in the background.







3 comments:
I almost didn't recognize Uncle Lynn!! How great to have everyone there at the same time!
It's wonderful to see these pictures. Thank you! You really do live in a magical place.
Please DO come visit us whenever you are able when you are in town. We can't wait to see you!
Oh I love these pictures! Keep them coming! It looks cold there, but not too freezing (I don't see any fur-lined hoods being worn in these photos). I love the stories of Porter Rockwell. Colorful man, but so full of character!
Post a Comment