I went tonight to my first rehearsal as a participant in the re-enactment of the organization of the Relief Society. Tomorrow night's dress rehearsal is to be held in the Nauvoo House--the home where Emma Smith Bidamon died, the red brick building that was begun as a hotel for guests in Old Nauvoo.
Then Thursday and Friday we have two performances each. I play the part of Martha Knight and one of my roles is to lead the hymns sung at that meeting. The performances are all held in the upper room of Joseph's Red Brick Store. I am told that the Spirit is wonderful at these re-enactment performances. I look forward to the real thing, though the practice was fun as well.
Grandpa and Grandma Grimshaw are all unloaded into their home, and they can find some of their stuff. Grandma is still frustrated not to be able to locate her electric toothbrush--you'd think it would be in a box labeled BATHROOM, at least, but so far, no such luck. But then there could be BATHROOM boxes in the basement storage room, yet to be opened
2 comments:
Wow - lots going on over there!
The re-inactment sounds like a LOT of fun to be a part of. I can totally see you acting someone who is in charge of the music - how perfect! Can't wait to see you!
Hope Grandma Grimshaw is able to find her toothbrush! I don't blame her - That would annoy me too.
Gwen, this sounds wonderful! What a perfect place for you to be. Please post how it goes - I'd love to hear all the details. Can't wait to see you and Nauvoo someday.
Post a Comment