Saturday, March 1, 2008

Maritime Museum

So I know you are all anxious to see the pictures from our visits to parts west. All by myself, I figured out how to load the photos from my camera to my computer (and you thought you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks!). Since Traci blogged a few pictures from our visit there, I thought I'd start on the middle leg of our trio.

These pictures are from our visit to the Maritime Museum, down on the wharf in Seattle. It was a spectacular Hands-On kind of place. Here are a few snapshots!



A Dragon Boat, with one of those amazing "Jeanne Sightings" that are so rare!

Paige aboard a kayak. When she used the oars, the screen on the unseen television in front of her showed the scenery moving in time to her motions.

One very fun thing was the Dress-Up area. Here's Katie looking grrrrreat in uniform!



Tyler wishes his legs were a little longer. Human power was being harnessed to light the displays in this area.

Both boys were intrigued with the water play. Here is Ryan setting up the course for the boats to travel down the rapids. Nobody got overly wet, but some creative designs were produced.
We will long remember this very fun day. Thanks for the suggestion, Jeanne.







4 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

What a great activity! I cannot believe how many awesome things one misses out on seeing when one is FROM an area. I've only ever 'heard' of the Maritime Museum, but never went.
So fun!
And I always like to see pictures of the Krumperkids. Paige & Katie - Very fun! Ryan - I really do like his hair longer. Tyler -- SO ADORABLE!

KrumperKids said...

That was a fun trip. Sorry we haven't posted any pictures from your visit, but the very few we have aren't that great.

marci said...

Cute!!!!! The kids are so cute, and I can't wait to see them in a few(ish) weeks. I'm glad you put fun pictures up. But here is my question for you mom & dad. I lived near Seattle for more than 18 1/2 years, why did you never take me to the Maritime Museum? It looks like fun!

grandkrumps said...

As Joanne says, when you live someplace, you often neglect to visit all the fun places. We lived in Arizona for 8 years and never took the kids to the Grand Canyon! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!