This afternoon I went to a surprise birthday party. The woman is turning 40 tomorrow and is VERY sick with a surprise pregnancy. So the theme for the birthday party was very nurturing and nourishing. All the gifts were dinners in embryo: Papa Murphy's Pizza, frozen Banquet Salisbury Steaks, Pizza Pockets, homemade rolls made into sandwiches, etc. Since she has only about an hour a day when she feels good, the older kids have pretty much been fixing dinners. How nice for her to open her freezer and have some choices--or better still, send London (Valerie, you remember her!) and let her choose.
It was a very fun party, with great foods including a homemade from scratch carrot cake. YUM!
Here's to women helping women!
2 comments:
There's a Papa Murphy's near Nauvoo!!!??!! Oh my gosh. I'm sick to think I didn't take advantage of that at Thanksgiving. That is my all time FAVORITE pizza. That's all I eat when I visit Colorado...:(
Sounds like a fabulous idea for gifts during pregnancy! Awesome!
Yes, a brand new Papa Murphy's just opened up in Keokuk. I don't think it was even open when you were here. When I first went in, I was only the 3rd person my clerk had ever rung up on the cash register. And the pizza is EXACTLY like the one in Redmond where Bryan used to work. Way to standardize, Papa Murphy!
Post a Comment