Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Some Nauvoo Scenes

The Nauvoo Temple at Sunset
Driftwood on the banks of the Mississippi River

You can walk down Parley Street and read journal entries from those who traveled the "Trail of Hope."


You can take a ride on a wagon drawn by oxen--down in "The Flats" where most of the Nauvoo Restoration sites are located.



11-foot statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith as they left Nauvoo for Carthage. This statue is due west of the temple and is called "Calm As A Summer's Morning."

4 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh I love it! BEAUTIFUL! I HAVE to visit you some time soon. Hope you have wonderful January travels!

Valerie said...

I love that last picture the most. It's fun to remember standing in front of it that first time I saw the temple and having that sweet groundsman talk to the kids. There is quite a feeling there...very sacred ground.

Awesome pictures!! I'm proud of you for figuring out how to post. Hurray!

Valerie said...

Oh...and I'm still sad we didn't make it on a wagon ride. Next time, I guess!

Anonymous said...

Hey. So are these the pictures that were posted but weren't taken by you guys. I remember there being a good hazing that took place when you were here over those pics. At least you didn't photoshop the tag off the bottom and try to pass them off as your own. I think it's totally allowed. :)