Saturday, January 12, 2008

Indexing is FANTASTIC!!

So, while she was here for Christmas, Marci got both of us started on the LDS Church "Indexing" project for Family History. I had had an interest earlier, but didn't trust my ability to get things set up. (Thanks, Joanne, for planting the bug many months ago!). I think my interest was also piqued because of the class I took, learning to read the difficult handwritings of long ago. I often sneak a peak at Jeff, too, as I pass his office, and I think he is bitten by the same bug.

Anyway, I am totally hooked on INDEXING, and after my Temple shift today, I transcribed two sheets of census records, and have now passed 1000 names since the 26th of December. I know the system is going to be down on Monday, and Wednesday we are going traveling, so I had to get a few extra names figured out--and in the process, reached my goal of 1000 names in a month. I'd much rather do indexing than do my schoolwork. That makes sense, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I think you're seeing how at first, blogging is addictive.

Janyse said...

Then you use up all your funny and blogging gets harder...=)

Joe and Joanne said...

I absolutely LOVE indexing! I can see how that would be more interesting than school work. :) I think it's particularly interesting because you see the occupations and family situations of the people you type in. I find myself frequently imagining what they looked like, acted like, and just otherwise imagining who these people were. It's amazing work!

It's us! The Powell's said...

I understand that you two may be in Redmond visiting in the near future...could this be?

grandkrumps said...

Yes, Adam, we will be in Redmond from the 25th to teh 30th. We understand you are the new Elder's Quorum president, and we will definitely be able to see you and celebrate being together! See you soon. Gwen