Friday, January 11, 2008

Wrist Healed!

Today was a red-letter day! I saw the doctor and had another x-ray. My bone is pronounced healed, and it is time for me to do my own physical therapy to limber my wrist back up. I figure playing the piano or organ ought to count for something--and I can hardly wait to be back on the ivories full force. I have many things to plan for my ward choir to sing--Marci saw some of the numbers I have to choose from. Can my small, fledgling choir handle a full Sally DeFord song? Or should I stick to SAB arrangements that won't require nearly as much rehearsal time?

At any rate, I can leave my cast behind when I go with Dad and Brad to visit points west of here! Can't wait to see you all!

6 comments:

Janyse said...

Yay!! Don't you think a little card playing will help limber that wrist up, too?? Or maybe a board game?? We're here for you...us and a little bottle of Celebrex. Can't wait to see you guys!

KrumperKids said...

I'll break from my typical m.o. of reading only and comment: glad to see all these posts. Looking forward to you all being here.

grandkrumps said...

I am sure a little gamesmanship will be therapy in a nutshell. I'll count on your assistance--all 20 of you (of however many our posterity adds up to on that side of the country!). We'll teach you BUY IT! which we play with Kathy and Randy often. They are coming for Sunday dinner and I'm sure it will evolve into games and dessert afterward!

Traci said...

Do you have good tenors? If you have enough men, then the SATB should be fine. Our ward just did two Sally DeFords for Christmas with only 2 tenors and 2 basses. I think it was okay. We needed to recruit more men, but instead they asked for me (not Shan and Teagan!).

Great news about your arm! See you soon!

Valerie said...

Good for you! Some quilting will also help do the trick! Glad you won't have to worry so much on your trip.

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh Wonderful! I was wondering how your wrist was doing. That's great news!