Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Out of My Hands!

Today is a day of great rejoicing! I got home two hours ago from taking the dreaded final exam for my Stats class. As I studied for the test, I went over a "practice exam" that had me SOOOO worried that I might fail the entire course by failing the final. BUT the real thing was not nearly as difficult--bless their hearts.

I have about 89% going for me; the final is worth nearly 30% of my grade. But Jeff did some computations for me and figured that even if I scored 50% on the final, I could not do worse than a B- for the end grade. I would not, under normal circumstances, be pleased with myself for earning a B-, but in this case, with my current GPA and the number of credits I could average that B- with, it won't bother me at all. Of course, I'll post when the scored show up online, but for now, it is enough to know that I don't need to try any longer to keep all those letters straight: the letter "p" for instance, can stand for proportion, population, parameter, and with other small marks used with it, can mean p-hat, or p-tilda, or p-bar. You get the picture. Lots of way I might be able to "mess up."

So---I will go clean bathrooms and make rice krispie treats and get ready for my company to come in a couple more hours. Yippee for fighting the good fight and finishing the course!

5 comments:

marci said...

p-hat! i love p-hat. Or maybe I don't... I don't remember. But it's time for THANKSGIVING now!

Julie Harward said...

Wowza Girl...you have done a great job! Congratulations to you! I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too :D

Lynda said...

Hooray for you! I think that "statistics" show that you will probably get an A. Happy Thanksgiving. Love you and miss you.

Valerie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you to be able to move on and forget all these variables. :)

Happy Thanksgiving for you, you've earned it!

Joe and Joanne said...

Yeah - for it being out of your hands! I have no doubt you will score higher than you're thinking you will. You study hard, you're intelligent, and I'm sure you've done a good job on the final.

Now you can focus on Thanksgiving, friends, and family! Happy times!

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!