Some folks requested to see samples of our Twelve Month Bunnies. Since I just changed them from Halloween to Thanksgiving, I took a photo of Marci's and my bunnies, dressed for October and November. Picture the Laurels painting the "magic wands" and flipping flecks of dark blue color onto the off-white bodies! Fun in the future!

November is a little bland compared to the bright contrasts of Halloween. Fun Fabrics!

Here are a few of the pieces cut, but as yet unsanded, and most have no holes drilled in them. But you get the picture! Bodies, patterns, and fabric scraps!

Here you get a better idea of the arms and legs. The small "not quite circle" is my adaptation for putting a shamrock on for March without having to cut the 1 inch pine in such intricate shapes. Call me a lazy bum!

The following two photos are the completed ears (and two that are not sewn!) for eleven of the twelve months. In the corner of the first photo is the cape for Halloween.

I'll update the photos as we complete more of the items! Thanks for asking.
6 comments:
Mom... November is lame because instead you are supposed to have the BIRTHDAY ears/wand out! Silly you!
Oh, how true that is! I shall make the change and post a picture! I forget since you are so far away. No wonder I have always had a hard time this early in the month!
wow...what a lot of work, but it looks like fun too! You are such a go..go..go lady, they are blessed to have you!
Oh, Thank you! I have been guessing for days about what a Twelve-Month Bunny might be - I wondered if it took a year to make? These are so cute! I miss you!
Those look as fun as ever! Did Dad get a saw and cut these for you this round? I am always in awe with the painting and sewing of these bunnies. Painting is a talent I have not been endowed with, but I so appreciate looking at the artwork of those who have been! Fun!
Jeff gave me a scroll saw for Christmas nearly 3 years ago--it did not make it out of its box because of the move, until this week. Jeff cut the 2 x 6 wood for the bodies, and I have been/will be cutting all the 1 x 6 or 1 x 8 into the smaller pieces. It is very much like feeding a piece of fabric into the sewing machine, except that the entire thing vibrates like crazy. I am learning what my parameters are, though and it's sort of fun and I feel very creative!
Post a Comment