For our New Beginnings program last week, we presented a skit entitled, "Know Right and the Seven--no EIGHT-- D.O.R.V.s (DORV being an acronym for "Defender of Righteous Value)! The DORVs were represented by puppets operated by Pam, who doubled as the Wolf , appearing at the appropriate time in the window of the puppet theater. (Thanks, Primary ladies for the theater equipment in your closet!).

Doesn't Melissa make the PERFECT Snow White-type character? And who better to play the grandma role than this grandma?

After the skit, Melissa explained the changes in the Personal Progress program, and we sent the girls home with many treasures:
Sorry--I somehow lost a photo I had uploaded right here--If I figure out how to re-insert it, I'll do it, other wise, it will appear above in its own separate blog entry!
Here you see my scriptures (replacements for the burgundy ones that went "afro" when the pages got wet a few months ago!!!) with the new bookmark with value ribbons.

Here we see the new journal that accompanies the Personal Progress book, the ribbons in the clip bookmark, the pendant and a 5 x 7 size theme poster given to each Young Woman.

Finally, a close-up of the clip that holds the ribbons. The girls and several leaders are now MOTIVATED to get cracking on those goals so that their scriptures will have these lovely bookmarks in them!
1 comment:
:) I'm smiling - this looks like it was so much fun. I would have loved to see it. You're doing an amazing job at your calling (no surprise there) and those girls are blessed to have you!!!
Post a Comment