I think my very favorite is shown in the center of this collage of the new "pink" and feminine materials. It is a bookmark to which ribbons in each Value Color can be added when a girl or leader has completed the six value experiences and one ten-hour value project for that value. The ribbons are about 18 or 20 inches long and at one end there is a "gem" to adorn the ribbon. The clip that holds these ribbons slips down into the spine of the girls' scriptures and the YW logo (the torch that brings to mind "Stand for Truth and Righteousness") shows on the outside of the book. I can hardly wait for New Beginnings which is scheduled next Wednesday night for our ward, because the Young Women are going to return home laden with treasures.Laurels are not usually overly "into" Personal Progress, since many of them have already earned their Recognition awards. But last night, in looking through our NEW Personal Progress books, the girls saw that they can earn that medallion a second time and also a charm for helping another girls with her goals--an Honor Bee award. Does this not sound like a program whose time has come? One Laurel girl who earned her medallion 4 years ago looked over the projects and experiences and saw that with just a little effort she can have the award for the second time before she turns 18 and is ready for Relief Society. Just in her normal life of school and community activities, she has completed goals without even wincing!
All I can say is "Hear, Hear!"
2 comments:
Wow! Beautiful! I'm so glad they are making the program even more appealing for the young women - so important.
WOW! So different than it was when I was in Young Womens. I like what they've done!
I think the idea of earning medalians is a good one. I still have all of my YW medalians and whenever I look at them it reminds me of the projects and services I did to earn them, and then inspires me to do them again for others NOW. Young Womens is a great program.
Post a Comment